Wednesday, May 4, 2011

California Electronic Lien and Title Update

Our information page about the California Electronic Lien and Title program has been updated with additional details about the mandatory program and deadlines for signing up. (Only two deadlines remain.)

Some FAQ questions related to signing up:

How do I sign up for the ELT program?
You need to complete a form entitled "APPLICATION AND NOTICE OF INTEREST FOR THE CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT OF MOTOR VEHICLE’S ELECTRONIC LIEN AND TITLE PROGRAM". Find one available on A copy of your federal or state charter/license is required to accompany the form. On receipt of the application, the state will return a contract which will require a signature and needs to be returned to the state.

How do I switch service providers?
The Lienholder should send a letter on company letterhead that states they want to change from the old service provider to the new service provider (Decision Dynamics, Inc.). It should be sent to:
ATTN: April Thomas
2415 1st Ave MS D166
Sacramento, CA 95818

Image above is the cover from the album Update by Jane Zhang. One of her tracks, We Are Together, was produced for a project by the United Nations Children's Fund.